I hope that you never pay retail for anything. It took me a while to learn this but before money leaves my wallet I try to save as much as I can. For those who have not visited sites such as Hotwire (there are a few others but this is my favorite), I want to tell you in 6 easy steps how to be most successful in choosing your hotel stay each and every time.
If you are a risk taker, this site is for you! You can stay at 4 and 5 star hotels for a fraction of the price. The name of the hotel is revealed after you book so you want to make sure you do a little research first. Using Hotwire is literally like buying blind or walking by faith.
1. On the hotwire.com site, pick the city and state in which you would like to stay. If you have a general idea of the area, it will benefit you more (i.e Seaworld I-drive South Orlando, FL). Right below that, pick the days you want to stay. Weekends are a little more expensive than weekdays but not too much.
2. Next, Hotwire will give you a list of hotels. Look at the customer rating. This is very important. To be most successful try not stay anywhere where the customer satisfaction rating is below 85% . Picking hotels with 90 to 100% customer satisfaction will serve you better, so going below 85% may not give you the best results. The rating will show next to the hotels provided.
3. If you are unfamiliar with the area in which you would like to stay, Hotwire will show you on a map the general location of where the hotel is located, i.e New York City, Downtown. Research hotels in the area including restaurants and things to do. Make sure the area is suitable for your stay.
4. If you are new to Hotwire, they will give you $25 off your first stay which usually pays for the taxes and fees. Download the app or call Hotwire directly to add the savings before you book 855-312-2084.
5. After you have researched the area and you have picked your hotel based upon 85% to 100% customer satisfaction and the star rating of your choice ( 4-5 star is recommend) book your stay.
6. Now wait for it…wait for it. As soon as your method of payment is processed the name of your hotel is revealed! This last step can be really fun especially with friends or a loved one.
So there you did it! You have picked a quality hotel and saved a boat load of money. I have saved up to 70% on my stays and I have not been dissatisfied with any of the hotels. Hotwire also has flight and airport car reservations so be sure to compare those prices too. Below are some of the hotels in which I have stayed and saved.
Have lots of fun with the money you will save and enjoy your vacation. Let me know of any travel savings you have come across!